Everyone wins when it’s Friends of the Library Book Sale time. Book lovers can load arms and bags withSALE HOURS
low-cost reading and all the proceeds go to support special programs and projects at Salem Public Library. Books are sorted by category so readers of all ages and preferences can find what they like best.
The Fall Sale offers two special opportuniti es to enthusiastic book lovers. This is the sale that features “Friends Night,” a members-only preview sale from 5-8 p.m. Thursday, October 15. Shoppers do need to be members to get in, but the Friends make that easy too by selling memberships at the door.
Also, for the 10th year, the Friends will offer Specialty & Collectible books during the Fall Book Sale, available for purchase at marked prices. A Silent Auction and pamphlets will also be available. A few of the treasures offered include:
• Accordian Dreams: A Journey into Cajun and Creole Music by Blair Kilpatrick, 2009 (first ed.)
• Long Time Gone by J.A. Jance; a specially published limited and signed first edition from 2005
• D-Day with the Screaming Eagles by George Koskimaki, 2002
• Imperial Life in the Qing Dynasty: Treasures from the Shenyang Palace Museum, China
• Oregon The Way It Was by Edwin D Culp; from Caxton Press, 1989
- Thursday, October 15 ― 5-8 p.m. Friends Night (Members only. You can join at the door)
- Friday, October 16 ― 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 17 ― 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18 ― 1 - 4:30 p.m. ($3 Bag Day!)