HEALTH CARE for ALL - OREGON
Job Announcement: ORGANIZER
Are you ready to make history?
Health Care for All-Oregon is a new coalition of 45 organizations (and counting) mobilizing to win a unified, equitable, publicly funded, comprehensive health care system for everyone in Oregon and the United States. We have active chapters around the state, thousands of contacts, and a solid leadership structure, all of which has been built by volunteers. Now we are ready to hire our first paid organizer to help us solidify our organization and build our momentum.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Create leadership development program to identify, train, and support leaders in HCAO chapters and member organizations
2. Organize new HCAO chapters in priority areas
3. Assist existing chapters and member organizations in developing greater capacity through assessment, planning, leadership development, training, and ongoing support.
4. Assist board and executive committee in developing and implementing strategic plan, regional and statewide meetings
5. Coordinate maintenance of supporter database
6. Collaborate with Communications committee to produce effective communications to supporters and the media
7. Collaborate with Fundraising committee to raise funds through individual donors (major and minor), monthly sustainers, organizational contributions, events, grants, etc.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by HCAO Executive Committee.
· Minimum five years experience in grassroots organizing, including all aspects such as fundraising, coalition-building, leadership development, strategic planning, communications;
· Ability to work independently and under supervision, prioritizing numerous and varied tasks;
· Ability to inform and inspire others through public speaking, meetings, and one-on-one relationships;
· Experience developing new programs and projects;
· Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle (mileage to be reimbursed);
· Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, and travel statewide.
Additional desired attributes
· Background in health care policy and advocacy;
· Experience working with diverse constituencies, such as rural communities, communities of color, low-income communities, small businesses, etc.
Salary of $40K+, depending on experience; health insurance; paid vacation.
To apply, by June 18, 2012
Send cover letter, resume, and three references as Word attachments to singlepayoregon at gmail dot com, with the subject “Organizer application."
For background on Health Care for All-Oregon, see the (soon to be replaced) Oregon Single Payer Campaign website: http://oregonsinglepayer.org/.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
If you seek a job with meaning and a chance to do some world-class good, here's one: