Marion-Polk Food Share is seeking applicants for our
Community Gardens Program Coordinator position.
This 32 hour/week position supports our network of over 50 community gardens through network development and organization, educational programming, resource procurement and distribution, volunteer coordination and consulting.
Areas of responsibility include:
* Coordinate day-to-day operations of the MPFS Community Gardens Program.
* Evaluate and respond to garden needs and supply resources, such as seeds, plants, hardscape, volunteers and educational resources.
* Train, coordinate and supervise volunteers, in positions ranging from garden leadership to occasional workdays. Understand volunteer needs of garden network and work with Volunteer Administrator to fulfill those needs.
* Support the development of garden committees. Assist in identifying garden leadership and contingency planning.
* In collaboration with Program staff, coordinate garden-based educational programs.
* Develop vision for the gardens network expansion with VP. Work with community partners to develop new gardens and expand gardens.
* Manage Community Gardens program budget. Effectively communicate needs to VP.
* Track garden network data and develop reports. Conduct yearly garden assessments.
* Increase brand awareness of MPFS through garden exposure and garden events. Collaborate with Development Department on garden oriented fundraising opportunities.
1. Please head to http://www.marionpolkfoodshare.org/ContactUs/Careers.aspx
to review the Community Gardens Program Coordinator job description and position details in full. (There you will also find other openings at MPFS, including driving and fundraising positions).
2. Fill out the online job application.
3. Submit the job application, resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver or mail materials to Marion-Polk Food Share,1660 Salem Industrial Dr. NE, Salem, OR 97301. Email applications are preferred.
Start date: July 1, 2014
Deadline to apply: May 16, 2014