I wanted to alert you all of an open job posting here at the Food Share. Applications are being accepted now; see below for full details.
Farm and Garden Program Manager
Summary of role - Agency Relations Coordinator
MPFS supports a network of over 100 partner charities that directory distribute food to the local community. The Agency Relations Coordinator is responsible for supporting our partnering food pantries and meal sites through monitoring, data tracking and other agency network coordination efforts.
Statement of Purpose:
Maximize the impact of Marion-Polk Food Share by fostering positive relationships with Partner Agencies and supporting an effective Partner Agency network.
Areas of Responsibility and Tasks:
- Provide excellent customer service to our network of food pantry and meal site managers and volunteers.
- Conduct biyearly monitoring and occasional extra assessments of pantries and meal sites. Ensure adherence to network, state and federal standards and regulations.
- Collect and compile agency network statistics.
- Assist partners in becoming interconnected with neighborhood and regional resources to provide client referrals.
- Assist in implementation of client-focused agency best practices, education and programming in the MPFS partner agency network.
- Understand partner agency financial support needs and coordinate requests to obtain funding.
- Analyze and compile reports of client service data. Produce reports for Agency Relations Manager and other Marion-Polk Food Share Departments.
- Proactively build positive relationships with partners that encourage a culture of trust, collaboration and philanthropy.
- Assist with coordination of Spring Break Lunch and nutrition education programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Proficiency Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree or some college preferred.
- Comfortable working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including families in crisis, non-English speakers, seniors and faith-based organizations.
- Able to keep up with a work environment of frequent interruptions and tight schedule while maintaining a high level of organization and communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and comfortable learning new computer programs.
- One year minimum experience in customer service or social service related position preferred.
- Experience with data entry or data collection a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish desired.
- Must support the mission of Marion-Polk Food Share.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Wage: Starts at $13.00 - $15.00/hour. DOE.
Status:This is a .75 FTE, temporary position, with the duration of at least 1 year. Continuation of position after 1 year is possible. As a temporary position, this position does not include health benefits. Prorated sick, vacation and holiday leave are included with this position.
How to apply:
Send 1) MPFS completed general application, 2) resume and 3) cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to 1660 Salem Industrial Dr. NE, Salem, OR 97301.
Emailed applications preferred.
Download the MPFS general application at http://www.marionpolkfoodshare.org/ContactUs/Careers.aspxs.
For questions about the position contact Megan Rivera, Agency Relations Manager, at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Friday March 27, 2015, 5pm.
Forward this email This
Marion-Polk Food Share | 1660 Salem Industrial Dr. NE | Salem | OR | 97301
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Great opportunity to do important paid work in Salem: Open Position at MPFS
"Let's live on the planet as if we intend to stay."