Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Great job opening with a great organization
This 32 hour/week position supports our network of over 50 community gardens through network development and organization, trainings, resource procurement and distribution, volunteer coordination and consulting.
Key areas of responsibility include:
* Coordinate day-to-day operations of the MPFS Community Gardens Program.
* Evaluate and respond to garden needs and supply resources, such as seeds, plants, hardscape, volunteers and educational resources
* Train, coordinate and supervise volunteers, in positions ranging from garden leadership to occasional workdays.
* Handle a high volume of phone calls and emails from volunteer garden coordinators and the general public.
* Support the development of garden committees. Assist in identifying garden leadership and contingency planning.
* In collaboration with Program staff, coordinate garden-based educational programs.
* Track garden network data and develop reports. Conduct yearly garden assessments.
* Increase awareness of MPFS through garden exposure and garden events.
1. Please head to http://www.marionpolkfoodshare.org/ContactUs/Careers.aspx
to review the Community Gardens Program Coordinator job description and position details in full. (There you will also find other openings at MPFS, including driving and fundraising positions).
2. Fill out the online job application.
3. Submit the job application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver or mail materials to Marion-Polk Food Share, 1660 Salem Industrial Dr. NE, Salem, OR 97301. Email applications are preferred.
For questions about the position or application process, please call or email Ian Dixon-McDonald, Vice President of Programs. email@example.com, 503-581-3855 x329.