Join the Home Orchard Society for our
2015 All About Fruit Show!
Saturday October 17th & Sunday October 18th, 10am – 4pm
Clackamas County Fairgrounds – 694 NE 4th Ave, Canby, OR
This event will be held at the main pavilion at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds.
Home Orchard Society's famous annual fall tasting event, "The All About Fruit Show," is for fruit enthusiasts of all ages!
Attendees will have the opportunity to see and taste hundreds of varieties of heirloom fruit from the Pacific Northwest including apples, pears, plums, grapes, kiwis, quince, and more!
Home Orchard Society aims to help lots of folks launch into the pleasure of growing good fruit at home! If you love fruit or want to grow your own fruit trees, this is the place to be!
- With entry – hundreds of varieties of fruit to see and taste!
- Apple pie contest & Large fruit contest!
- Speakers on a variety of fruit-growing topics (see schedule at website below)
- Cider pressing demos (fun for the whole family!)
- Home Orchard Society expert table to answer your fruit growing questions!
- Plus … mason bee supplies, fruit tree growing publications, order custom-grafted fruit trees, door prizes, & more!
– $4 for members (family $8)
– $6 for non-members (family $10)
– Free if you join HOS at this show!
If you would like to volunteer for the show, please contact the HOS Volunteer Coordinator Jacqueline Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you volunteer, your admission fee will be waived. You can choose your shift or come for the day!
11:00am – Nik Wiman, Entomologist, OSU. He is a specialist in fruit tree pests, particularly working on Brown Marmorated Sting Bug (BMSB) and Spotted-Wing Drosophila (SWD.)
12:30pm – Jim Gilbert of Northwoods Nursery will talk about his findings from a recent trip to Italy, tasting figs, etc.
2:00pm – Jacqueline Freeman will talk about Pollinators (her recently published book on this subject "Spirit Bee" has just gone international!) http://spiritbee.com/
11:00am – Marisha Auerbach, Local Permaculture teacher. Will discuss understory permaculture in the orchard.
12:30pm – Ann Ralph, author of "Grow a Little Fruit Tree". Will discuss year-round pruning and cultural techniques to keep your backyard fruit trees a manageable size.
2:00pm – Todd Morrill & Shaun Shepherd will present a "how to" of making cider at home for beginners. Both of these gentlemen have many years of experience making cider and Shaun Shepherd is currently involved with a commercial operation, Bull Run Cider.